Thread: For Honor
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 06:11 AM   #31
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Got to play for about an hour last night.....

The gameplay is interesting. Starting, there are 9 different characters (3 unlocked, 6 for 500 "steel" a piece). Starting characters are the 2-handed weapon wielding type. THere is a sword/shield type for each class as well as a dual-wield each with pros/cons. Each class also have 4 abilities that are unique to them. They basically boil down to a type of buff, a ranged AOE attack (firebomb, arrow barrage, cannon barrage, etc.) and a heal. They are unlocked as you progress and can have instant impact on the battlefield.

The system of getting new loot could potentially ruin the game, as the stuff that is earned does indeed change stats on each character. I haven't confirmed, but if it is like recent multiplayer-centric games, there will be a way to purchase in-game currency with real life money. Someone willing to drop a large amount of money could get the advantage stat wise. I don't need to go further down that road to explain how shitty that would be.

MP has a somewhat neat feature of the world being "persistent". Based on your PERSONAL performance in each match, you are awarded battle points (I think is what they are called). You spend each resource on the faction you chose at the opening of the game. The world map is split into the three separate factions and it plays out like a turf war. here:

Quote:
The World Map is the hub of the Faction War, which is the in-game metagame that powers the War of the Factions event. Accessible from the game’s main menu, the World Map is divided into 3 different Faction controlled territories. The Faction controlling the most Territories at the end of Beta wins. 4. WAR ASSETS
At the end of every multiplayer match, you will be awarded a certain number of War Assets depending on your performance. Those War Assets can then be distributed in 3 ways:
1. All War Assets are spent on one single contested Territory
2. War Assets are spent equally on all contested Territories
3. If you do not manually invest War Assets, they will be automatically allocated for you
All War Assets from multiplayer matches, even against AI, contribute to the War of the Factions event.
There are a lot of moving parts. Combat is definitely a beast and each player, so far, seems to have their own style when in combat. For a beta, it is pretty damn good, no major complaints, really. Though with the biggest focus being multiplayer, I'm not quite sure I would throw down $60

This post was all over the place. I typed after being awake for 10 minutes and can barely see
drave is offline   Reply With Quote