View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #204
Maluco
Reigning Tipsters Champ!

Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Widow View Post
The "you're not in the business so you can't comment" thing wrestlers always spew out is hilarious. It's like saying you're not allowed to dislike a movie because you're not a director, or you're not allowed to dislike a band because you're not a guitar player.
This, the "they know better" defence is tired and arrogant. Such an arrogant and disappointing response from him. For me, it just shows how much they value fan opinion. They are people to be manipulated, not listened to.

I couldn't care less what he says about 50/50 booking, it is boring to watch and doesn't create any stars. He should be "feeling" that, even if he doesn't count wins and losses.

Noone is saying guys can't lose, but there should be a certain hierarchy on both brands.

One example I would give is ironically involving HHH himself. If I watched Smackdown and the WWE Champion, Dean Ambrose, got pinned by anyone on that roster, I wouldn't even flinch.

Take, however, when HHH lost to Shelton Benjamin, or when The Rock lost to The Hurricane. Those were massive memorable moments. Big stars, who hardly ever lost on TV, losing in big upsets. Those moments live on in my memory because they were so shocking and exciting.

There are no big stars nowadays, everyone loses on TV all the time, and while The Game would surely argue that the talent needs to "step up", many are just as talented performers as he was, but they have no direction and have certainly not been gifted the momentum that he was.

I wasn't even going to comment, but just couldn't resist after "how's your territory doing?", when the position he is in was gifted to him and it's quite obvious that Wrestlemania and the WWE as a whole thrives off its legacy and tradition, rather than the stars, or lack thereof, that they have now.

I don't usually get annoyed about things like that, or leave myself open to the usual "you don't know better than Vince!!1!!" response, but actually felt anger reading that from him.

I certainly don't know better, but that doesn't mean that he knows what he is doing either, despite being the performer he was.
Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote