View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #57
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
Nahhhhhh Mahal is okay. He's obviously not a main event talent so to speak but whatever who fucking cares about that shit product anyways.

Corbin is this bland skinny fat dude that I literally turn the tv off when he's on screen. He's not a horrible worker but there's not much to him.

Mahal actually looks scary and he has great facials. He doesn't really botch in the ring, though he doesn't do much in the ring. Feel like if he got 7 extra minutes with Nak lastnight barring he settled into more rest holds they could have had a really nice match. Though I think Vince is in his ear about working a slow body builder style, feel like he could do much better work.
I used to make excuses for Mahal, but that was in his prior run when they had him slapping Khali and stuff. It was sort of the "blank canvas" potential thing. Since then, I've just seen nothing from Mahal that draws me in. I find his promos have a cadence that could literally put me to sleep, and his ring work is even more bland. It's not that he's bad-bad. I mean, he concussed Finn Balor and generally looks lost, haha, but he's not the worst ever in the ring or anything. He's definitely in the bottom five in WWE at the moment though, and he's not even that notably offensively bad that he becomes a guilty pleasure. Some guys would fuck up in such funny ways that it was almost amusing. There's nothing "funny" about how bad Mahal is. He's the most bland kind of bad there is.

He might be able to do better. I've never seen anything that makes me think that's true though. Billy Gunn always looked more dynamic in the ring. Has Mahal ever had a great match with anybody? Keep in mind that he's spent 15 years in the business at this point, and that he's had a 7-year relationship with the WWE, and a lot of that was spent on Superstars, where he would have been able to work longer. Can anyone find a great Jinder Mahal match?

Baron Corbin, whilst I hear your point, is better in the ring. I agree that he's a charisma vacuum; but so is Mahal. We're really discussing shades of sewerage here. I guess it really just comes down to which guy upsets you more. Mahal is just lower in ring skill and his push is slightly more annoying to me. I guess that's Corbin for you.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote