View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 10:03 PM   #79
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Kane's Approval:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
WWE is aggressively scouting indies right now. The key thing they are looking for is people who they consider coachable. That’s the current key phrase. I guess that means athletic people who are good listeners. They are also going to be very strict when it comes to background checks. Prospective WWE talent should sure to clean out social media accounts of anything that could be embarrassing

They are also specifically targeting talent from Lucha Underground that can contractually leave.
Quote:
The Balor Club idea seems to have been dropped with Balor’s impending move to the main roster. WWE had applied for a Balor Club trademark, which would be a group with Balor, Anderson and Gallows, playing off Bullet Club. Instead, it looks like they are just going to be The Club. The WWE dropped an attempt to register Balor Club for marketing purposes on 6/22. Evidently Baylor University had opposed the name. As noted before, they had also attempted to register Legion of Doom to be the name for an NXT group with Paul Ellering, Gzim Selmani and Sunny Dhinsa. They also dropped that and are staying with Authors of Pain
Quote:
The update on Orton is that he’s about a month or so away from training for a return. The original time line was that he was going to be in Orlando in mid-June, train a few weeks and be ready right about now. His shoulder is still not 100% although it is improving. This was the third operation on the same shoulder and they did an extensive surgery with the hope it will fix the problem so it wasn’t as simple a recovery as in previous operations. There is still a neck issue but the doctors told him a few months ago he doesn’t need the neck surgery right now
Quote:
UFC had a conference call today for UFC 200. Even though both Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier were there, Brock Lesnar was the guy who got asked the most questions. When asked about Stephanie McMahon's comments on WWE not supporting his fight necessarily, he said, "I don't care what she says." When he was asked what affect it would have on his drawing power if he lost, he said, "I really don't give a shit."

"This isn't about my fans. This is about me living my life, being the person I want to be. Granted, without the fans and everything, none of us would be able to do this. I get that. But I don't sit up at night wondering, `Is my drawing power gonna be hurt' or 'Are my WWE fans gonna tune in and watch me do this.' I don't give two shits about that. This is about me. I want to get in there and be an athlete again. That's what this is about."
Quote:
Bret “The Hitman” Hart spoke about Curtis Axel’s current role and push in WWE yesterday on the latest episode of The Sharpshooter Podcast on Bret Hart Radio.

On what Bret thinks of the current push of Curtis Axel in WWE:

BH: I wish they would do so much more with Axel. Curt’s kid. It’s just such a shame.

On why he thinks WWE doesn’t play off of Curtis’ legacy as Mr. Perfect’s son more:

BH: I’ve never understood it from the beginning. Even the name McGillicutty or whatever that gimmick was. I just seems almost like impossible odds to turn that in to any kind of successful storyline. What do you do with that? It never made a lot of sense to me. I think that he’s really a wasted talent. I think he’s a real talent. He’s every bit the athlete and the performer that his Dad was. I just always thought that he was a little bit like Cody Rhodes where it’s like they never quite gave him the right things to book him to be the star that he was.
Link to the podcast episode and more highlights: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/7238...-with-him-more

Quote:
New names announced for Battle of Los Angeles are Ricochet, Matt Riddle, Chris Hero and Mark Andrews.
Quote:
Chris Jericho talks about the Jericho Network, which debuts on 7/7 on PodcastOne. Konnan will have a regular show and the plans are 10-12 shows per month. His goal is to have six strong shows and six shows that will be given a chance to make it. He said it won't affect his show and he's not going to be a guest on the other shows. Konnan will be a regular as noted yesterday.
Recent update to Jericho's new podcast network plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Jim Cornette went absolutely off on Vince Russo revealing that he contacted Pop TV President Brad Schwartz offering his services as a consultant to explain why TNA isn't getting the ratings that Schwartz had been "sold on" as well as having previously contacting Destination America with a similar offer. Cornette's rant closes out his "Jim Cornette Experience" podcast episode at www.MLW.com and is 40 minutes of never-ending bile and venom the likes of which has rarely been seen on Planet Earth, closing with Cornette announcing he has pulled out of a Wrestlecade appearance this November in North Carolina because Russo is also booked on the event, warning Russo that he did so because he never wants to be in the same place as Russo ever again and next time, Russo had better be the one to pull off an event because if not, well, you can imagine what might happen (and if you can't, well, Cornette explicitly lays it out).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor announced that CMLL star Struka Jr., who has also worked for New Japan Pro Wrestling in the past, will debut at their 7/16 event at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, PA, facing Kaimatachi. They've wrestled in Mexico in the past. ROH has been working to build a relationship with CMLL similar to the one they currently have with NJPW and this is the first step in that direction.

There had also been discussions of bringing in Dragon Lee for the Philadelphia card, but injuries will prevent that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network News has revealed three collections that will be added to the WWE Network on Friday . One will be The Classic Content Collection for the month which will feature all the recent Nitro episodes. Another is a collection of the "Colorful Characters" in professional wrestling. And there will be a collection "The Cruiserweight Anthology" surrounding The Cruiserweight division.
Quote:
Jimmy Snuka was booked for the WrestleCon convention in conjunction with WrestleMania in Orlando. Don’t know if words have been invented to properly categorize that. What are they thinking booking a guy who has been indicted on a murder charge and isn’t standing trial only because of the belief he is not mentally capable? The Lehigh Valley Prosecution office is looking into this.
Quote:
Jim Myers, 79, better known as George “The Animal” Steele, is scheduled for major kidney surgery on 6/29. He has started this surgery twice and they stopped. On 12/15, he was scheduled for the surgery to clean out his kidneys, but he flatlined while in surgery, so they dropped the operation and were able to bring him back. On 5/26, essentially the same thing happened. He didn’t flatline, but while doing surgery, it became clear if they continued he wouldn’t survive so they stopped and closed him up. He was essentially told if the same thing happened a third time, it would not be good
Quote:
He then says that a writer who was there at the time told him that they were in a writers meeting with Vince McMahon when the Mexicools gimmick was created. A writer suggested the name, stating that they should be cool Mexicans and Vince thought that since his landscapers were Mexican, that they should come out on ride-on lawnmowers.
Wacky Vince story from back in the day regarding the origins of the Mexicools name according to Konnan.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • For those interested in this year's NJPW G1 Tournament, the dates and matches set for each day were recently revealed. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/103...limax.html?p=1
  • ProWrestlingTees.com is currenly holding a big July 4th sale with discounts being 20% off. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/103...-sale.html?p=1
  • Bobby Heenan recently revealed he now uses Twitter with his account name as @RealBobbyHeenan and confirmed by others to be him tweeting and not PR people.
  • According to the Observer, ROH's Moose went from a likely lock to being signed by the WWE to now likely getting signed by someone else. Main issue appears to be money with TNA offering the most and WWE no longer feeling the need to rush to grab him due to some possible PR issues. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmKr18rWIAEQ_3h.jpg
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, the origin for Goldberg's "Who's Next" catchphrase came from a meal Goldberg and others with him were having at a restaurant. They were trying to come up with a catchphrase for his character before a waitress interrupted their conversation by asking "who's next?"
  • Montreal Comic Con announced Ric Flair and Eric Bischoff will be having panel at the event and the topic being the downfall of WCW. http://www.montrealcomiccon.com/en/n...e-fall-of-wcw/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote