View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 09:11 PM   #2854
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Just finished Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin. Still the weakest entry in the series, so many cheap tricks and enemy placements really make some sections not much fun. It's not even in a "Dark Souls is hard" way either, because Dark Souls 2 is the easiest one in the whole series, it just likes to throw so much bullshit at you and breaks its own rules so much that the difficulty seems artificial in comparison to the other games.

The DLC was the main attraction of this version for me, and it is the best and worst of Dark Souls 2 all at once. There is a great boss in each of the DLCs, I'd say they are actually three of the best bosses in Dark Souls 2. Dark Souls DLC always delivers a great Dragon boss fight, every single time. Weird that they never get it right in the main game but always in the DLC. Fume Knight is just fantastic, getting his pattern down takes some tries but it gave me that Souls satisfaction that's oddly absent from 90% of the bosses in the main game.

The DLC also feature the hands down worst boss and area in the whole series. There is a boss that is three red phantoms, who have infinite stamina and can frame cancel their frame cancels, backstab when you're facing them and cannot be stunned. There is an area which is a wide open snowfield and you cannot see a fucking thing, meanwhile lightning unicorns seemingly spawn on top of you every 30 seconds. Both of these areas are "optional" and not required to get the main prize of the DLC but fucking hell I must be some kind of masochist.

Gonna speedrun NG+ to platinum this and then it's either Final Fantasy 9 PS4 or Persona 3, not sure yet. Have played FF9 about 10 times before but I'm not holding that against it.
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote