View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #357
Wishbone
I'm a loner, Dottie...

Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts HD Edition View Post
To be fair he isn't a jedi at that point, and even then only had a small amount of training compared to spending his entire life training like the prequel jedi.

So a few death threats are par for the course really.
Well, yeah, Luke isn't a Jedi at that point, and I'd argue that he never really becomes one in the movies (haven't seen Force Awakens yet so I can't say there). I mean to be a true Jedi you have to follow all of their rules and teachings and Luke never does that. In fact he goes against the Jedi teachings quite a few times. That's why I think it's safe to say that even if Luke didn't/doesn't turn to the dark side he'll still never be a true Jedi. However, that's a good thing in my opinion. Honestly if you think about it the Jedi are more to blame for Darth Vader's rise than Palpatine is. If Anakin hadn't been told by the Jedi that he wasn't allowed to love he wouldn't have had to hide his thing with Padme, and if he hadn't had to hide it he probably would have come to Yoda or Obi-Wan way before he went to Palpatine for help. Really Anakin only went to Palpatine because he felt like he had nowhere else to go for help.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote