View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 07:06 PM   #203
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
People don't think of wrestling as a television show like any other. They just don't. That's why they are so butt-hurt about it being fake.
I don't agree with this. From what I've seen watching wrestling has become somewhat normalized because everyone's worked out that it's really not that different from any other show. If anything, I think the success of The Rock and Batista in the film industry has opened some eyes to the fact that it's a legitimate platform for people to perform in and potentially brand into other areas of the entertainment realm. If Cena's movie career takes off, and he's a charismatic enough guy that I think it will, that will only strengthen the position. Wrestling isn't stigmatized by the mainstream anymore.

Even my dad, who spent years upon years asking "when are you going to grow out of that stupid wrestling stuff?" stopped asking because he's finally realized it's just like having a devotion to any other TV show. Hell I've even shown him a few things when in years past he'd have never given it a chance. I showed him some serious, some funny, some just plain wacky. You know what stuff captured his interest most? Lucha Underground and The Final Deletion.

None of my friends who gave up on wrestling in the early 2000s give me any sort of shit about still watching. If anything, they've given me props and seem genuinely interested when I tell them about some of the stuff I've seen.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Also, why do you give a fuck what people see you watching? Anyone who judges you based on what television you watch is a faggot and not worth worrying about anyway. Check your insecurities bruh
This is precisely what I'd tell any wrestling fan worried that they're going to be viewed as uncool for watching it. It's not stigmatized anymore and anyone who thinks it is is probably a tryhard alpha male cunt anyway.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote