View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 12:42 AM   #383
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So first impressions are I really really like it. A little more rushdown centric than I would have preferred, but I like it more than sf4. The v trigger mechanic in particular is much better than the focus/ultra stuff.

Said this before, but all the characters feel really fun to use and mess around with in the lab. To the point where I actually have no idea who I'm going to main. I mean, even Geif is in the running, which is first for me.

All that said, I think releasing the game with such barebones content was a mistake. Yeah there are plenty of people like myself and kalyx who aren't personally bothered by it, because we play primarily against other people, but we aren't the majority. And this isn't a niche game. Street Fighter is a major release, marketed to a mass market. So it's confounding why they would release a game that caters to a small percentage of potential buyers.

It doesn't matter that more content is being released free down the road. The majority of buyers are only interested in what they are getting now for their money. It doesn't matter whether they're right or wrong, all that matters is that there IS backlash. It's bad for business, which is in turn bad for the genre, and Capcom really should have seen it coming. Although this is Capcom we're talking about so I shouldn't really be surprised by the lack of foresight in competant decision making at this point.

If they were really so concerned about their capcom cup participants getting enough time with the game before the tournament, they could of just had some more open betas, or (gasp!) wait until next year to have it, when people will be REALLY good.

I also have to correct myself. I can't say that I'm completely indifferent to the content, because while I might not be bothered by the lack of single player content, 2 player lobbies is garbage and has no place in a 2016 fighting game.

So yeah, the game fucking rocks, but ONCE AGAIN I'm afraid capcom's business decisions may turn off potential new players, which whether you want to admit itmor not, the genre needs to grow.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote