View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 10:21 PM   #363
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rogerer View Post
It's been a long road.

TBH I thought Street Fighter II was cool and I got it on the SNES but I was dense and had no-one to fight against. I would play a lot of Alpha 2 and 3 but same story. Then I really enjoyed SF4 but just felt intimidated playing online. I've been playing a bunch of IV online to warm up for V, and I was generally getting thrashed, but I was coming through the first stages of improving: not getting frustrated, and taking in what people are doing to me. If someone comes up with a simple but confident offence I would just crumple up and dash myself against it. I fought one guy twice in a row who utterly squashed me first time, and then on the second time I noticed he was just totally relying on me charging in.

It's one of those shameful things that I've been a big fan since 2 but never measurably improved. I just haven't put the time in.

V, to my amateur eyes, seems heavier, slower and more generous. They seem to have simplified the execution as well. I'm much more likely to commit to things nowadays when I start them, and so this is what I want to improve at.
I don't think there's any shame in enjoying great games and having fun with them, no matter how adept or not you are at them. IMO, if people want to hate online against "n00bs", let them talk. I'd certainly never let it diminish my good time.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote