View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #133
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Same thing happened to Life. If it had time to breathe, it could have went in such grandiose (yet interconnected) directions. Instead, it's like they blew it up and tried to start the show over.

On topic:

I had a thought a few days ago. I think Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would be an awesome way to incorporate The Flight Program. It would not only satisfy a wet dream of mine (Alpha Flight was actually my gateway drug into comics), but it would add some notable mutants without any "X" restriction entanglements, yet have enough people who don't have to break the bank with actual powers that need to be visually exploitave.

I mean, neither Hudson has any powers without the suit. Puck isn't technically a mutant either. Neither are Shaman or Talisman. If they include her on the hero side, Diamond Lil wouldn't break the bank in CG'ing effects. They're human enough to be relatable on the level the show is going for with "regular people in a newly recognized superhero world".

They could make a big deal about tracking down Sasquach, and SHIELD gets beat to the punch. You know, allow some insight into one of those "other" organizations alluded to that aren't an offshoot of Anonymous or the clandestine big bad they're building. It would make sense cannonically, as Guardian was supposed to be Canada's answer to Captain America. Hell, they could even weave in the story about Guardian getting killed and launch a joint op investigation while Heather puts the suit on to "Vindicate" her husband.

Also, Aurora and Northstar become huge sex symbols if they're cast right.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote