Thread: Fallout 4
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #253
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So, the Sranger helps if you just downloaded the game, or if you have a new and relatively small vault. Otherwise, it's like a frustratingly timed game of Where's Waldo (or Wally for my non-US peeps).

You got 5 seconds from the piano plunks to find him and tap on him for a pretty minimal cap gain (again, unless you're near the start of a game... then ANY caps are welcome). Then he vanishes with a jazzy riff. He sort-of appears in the background of rooms, so he can be extremely hard to spot if the room's upgraded and there's shit to hide behind (like med room windows or places that add scenery to the foreground or even actual busy dwellers). He can even stand in elevator shafts, which is how I first noticed him.

So, in a nutshell: if your vault is too big to find him, you really don't need his help. If you can scan your entire vault in a couple seconds, you likely could use the added caps.

Also, in addition to looting raider encounters (first corpse drops a weapon or armor, the rest all turn into a cap bonus), it appears they now only endanger your caps and food, instead of everything. Guess they saved that for deathclaws.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote