View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #92
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If they were both public speakers, Styles might have the edge of sounding less douchey and more genuine. Fortunately for The Miz, in wrestling, coming off douchey if you're a heel is a good thing. And unfortunately for Styles, in wrestling, you have to be able to act. If Styles' promos are "effective" at all then it's for hardcore marks who are obsessed with him as a wrestler and will cheer whatever because his promo ability doesn't matter (and because he's got a cool catchphrase they can say with him like a singalong). His promos are seriously a step above a decent backyard wrestling "I'm trying to do what I think a wrestling promo is" promo filled with awkwardness. It oozes from him. He's one of those guys who tries so hard to sound confident in what he's saying that it just gives it away to a painful level and it takes away all the credibility of what he's saying. The Miz sells himself better with a mic in his hands. Way better. I believe Miz is a cocky dickhole more than I believe Styles is "the face that runs the place" or whatever other catchphrase he's using now to help him manufacture confidence.

Besides that, I'm pretty sure Miz' promos sell the typical fan on wanting to see him getting his ass kicked more than Styles's promos do on wanting to see him kick someone's ass.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote