View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #88
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
But again, if Nakamura, who can barely speak English, said the same line, the crowd would eat it up. Are you telling me that makes Nakamura a better mic worker than The Miz? It's presentation. You said "If we're just talking about mic skills and then looking at them in isolation..." and then went on to deduct points from people for their booking/what they can do in the ring.

Bray Wyatt as the creepy cult leader, The Miz as the Hollywood douchebag and Styles as the best in-ring performer in the company, all left on their own with a mic to sell a match, all booked completely equally, all outside factors taken out, Styles is left in the dust. He's a Tough Enough competitor doing a promo challenge by comparison.
Lol, you're misconstruing me entirely. Yes, I'd say that I would consider Nakamura a better promo if his talking put asses in seats. Absolutely. Hogan would just ramble and ramble, but I absolutely consider a more effective promo than The Miz. If I said "looking at their ability to talk in isolation," that was a mistake. I don't think you can do that with a top guy. The Miz is more eloquent, has more range, can probably hit more octaves or whatever. AJ Styles is more captivating to me because his promo suits AJ Styles. If they were giving a public seminar in the same town, I'd go and see Styles' as opposed to The Miz's. Sorry, but Miz's ability to speak doesn't impress me very much, because I have zero interest in the things he has to say.

Looking at these skills in isolation is trivial to me -- because they're not in isolation. Like, I know what you're saying. The Miz can talk. I was going to say he'd be a better public speaker, but he really wouldn't be to me, because who the fuck wants to listen to The Miz? The way I see it is that there is a certain level where a promo works. AJ Styles is at a level where his promo works fine, and infused with his charisma and credibility I honestly believe they are more effective than The Miz's, therefore he is a better promo to me.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote