View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 10:30 PM   #83
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Because when you're cutting a promo, you're selling something. The Miz is overrated because he's got nothing to sell. Bray Wyatt and The Miz can talk, but they aren't selling anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
The Miz can talk better than AJ Styles, but it doesn't mean anything because I'd prefer to watch AJ Styles perform over The Miz ten times out of ten. I'm not talking isolated mic skills -- I'm talking mic skills for a top guy. If The Miz cut a promo and then AJ said "Miz, I'm going to kick your Hollywood ass," Styles' lines would be more effective.
But again, if Nakamura, who can barely speak English, said the same line, the crowd would eat it up. Are you telling me that makes Nakamura a better mic worker than The Miz? It's presentation. You said "If we're just talking about mic skills and then looking at them in isolation..." and then went on to deduct points from people for their booking/what they can do in the ring.

Bray Wyatt as the creepy cult leader, The Miz as the Hollywood douchebag and Styles as the best in-ring performer in the company, all left on their own with a mic to sell a match, all booked completely equally, all outside factors taken out, Styles is left in the dust. He's a Tough Enough competitor doing a promo challenge by comparison.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote