View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #99
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
What the fuck are you talking about Noid? Of course you can. You can't change the rules just to support your arguments. Stop being a wang.

Pretty much "it's okay if I use hyperbole on my terms, but not if anyone else does on theirs."
Lol, no. What Fignuts did was create a straw-man. That's not the same thing as exaggerating your own points. There's a big difference between saying "Jinder Mahal is literally the worst wrestler ever" (just an example) to overemphasize your position and responding to someone saying that they don't like Jinder Mahal by claiming they said that he was the worst wrestler ever. It's a legitimate logical fallacy to misrepresent someone's points like that. I am, if nothing else, logical when I argue.

Jumping onto someone exaggerating their own point is like riding the punchline of self-deprecating humor. The initiator of the joke has already made fun of themselves -- for you to repeat the joke just betrays your own ignorance. But assigning someone an exaggerated point is just cunty and convenient for your own sake.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote