View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #276
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I used to like Cyborg when he had the "generational" aspect about him. Starting off a Teen Titan and then right before the New 52 he was just beginning to become a bigger deal, joining the Justice League and all.

I hate that they got rid of that with the New 52 and made him a founding member of the Justice League, with no Martian Manhunter in sight. Actually reading it, I get why they did it. Rather than have another character with Superman-like powers, they replaced him with a dude all about technology for today's technology driven world. Also he pretty much serves as their mode of transportation with being able to produce boom tubes now.

I don't mind the role he plays in the Justice League, but part of me still feels like he doesn't fit in because he doesn't have that generational aspect anymore. You have all these iconic symbols and figures...... and Cyborg.

Also, there have been a few solo Cyborg series the past few years..... haven't read any of them, but I just can't imagine them being any good. This version of Cyborg seems alright if he is just in the background mostly being "tech guy" and "living mode of transportation", but I can't imagine him carrying his own series/movie.
Lock Jaw is online now   Reply With Quote