View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #63
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile X View Post
Talking about Omega jumping to the top spot and taking from Okada... I'm not for it. You should have either a serial killer gaijin or Japanese heel holding the belt, or someone who is the pride of Japan. Those are the best options for IWGP I think.

Okada is pride of Japan. He's becoming a legend. If like Noid said, he has a 5 year contract that means, what? Four more years? Three?

He could hold the belt until WK 14 for all I care, he's the Bruno of this generation, make it happen. Naito is great, but he's not Okada. Okada is legend right now. Absolutely no foreigner should beat him.

And to those who keep talking about Brock, that won't ever happen. Brock doesn't want to go to Japan to wrestle, plus he didn't mean much there the last time. And there was a lawsuit involving his stealing the IWGP heavyweight title. So no, it's just wasted space to pontificate on that notion.
Basically agree with you 100% here, except that I do feel that Brock jumping to Japan is basically a 100% lock at this point. You might just have to get used to the idea.

I find it hard to guess what is going to happen with Danielson. I really do. On one hand, I'm completely under the impression he will sign for $1 million a year to remain with the WWE and collect paychecks so his wife's career can also sky-rocket. But then I am also definitely sure they aren't going to clear him, but that he does have legitimate tests saying he is cleared, and that he is definitey going to go. Like, both universes seem so likely right now, and it's surreal to think about a free and clear Bryan Danielson.

I can see him working CMLL, like he said, because I think he wants to help wrestling. Maybe he works a special attraction at Final Battle, to make a difference to their PPV (or see if he does). But I could see Okada winning the G1 and challenging him. He's not only the best IWGP Champion, but the best wrestler. Okada vs. Danielson at the Tokyo Dome. Okada with 29 successful IWGP Title defenses behind him. Danielson makes 30 and Okada is officially the national hero of Japan.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote