Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #265
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Forsett, 28, is a 5-foot-8, 194-pound quick back. The former 2008 seventh-round pick out of the University of California is entering his seventh season and will be joining his fifth team.

He spent the 2012 season with the Houston Texans and new Ravens Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak, which gives him an understanding of Kubiak’s system that he can pass along to the other running backs.

“I’m here for that, as well as being able to compete on the field,” Forsett said.

With the Texans in 2012, Forsett ran 63 times for 374 yards (a career-high 5.9 yards per carry) and one touchdown, an 81-yard score. He caught three passes for 38 yards.

Kubiak and his offense were big reasons why Forsett decided to sign with the Ravens. He said Baltimore was one of the first teams that contacted him when he became a free agent.

“I had a ton of success there in Houston with him,” Forsett said.

“I’m excited about the system; I’ve been in the West Coast offense, zone running scheme for most of my career. So, it just fits what I do, where I like to be and where I’m familiar. So, it was a no-brainer.”

Forsett spent 2013 with the Jacksonville Jaguars after inking a two-year deal. Playing through injuries, he suited up for just nine games and had a career-low six carries for 31 yards. He was placed on injured reserve in December with a broken foot and released on March 11.
Apparently a ton of success in the nfl for a RB is now barely 400 yards of total offense. The plan to sign anyone who ever played for Kubiak is getting a little old. They can plan on drafting a RB later rounds as an option and it would have made more sense.

I did like the move to sign Owen Daniels cause that gives the Ravens 2 solid TEs.