View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 02:32 AM   #69
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think it does. I think it does in the eyes of more fans than people realize too. I occasionally try a casual experiment every now and then, just because I wonder if I get in the bubble just like I think others do sometimes. I showed Kevin Owens to a friend and she was like "Oh, so he's a joke wrestler." This was because he was the opposite of what she thought a wrestler was -- he was short, fat, wore baggy clothes, spoke eloquently, did flips instead of "stomping". She thought his thing was that he was the anti-wrestler wrestler. She didn't take him seriously at all. That struck me as weird, because for all the things I nitpick about Owens, it didn't really all tie together like that for me.

Anyway, she hates most of the wrestlers, ESPECIALLY Dolph Ziggler, so maybe she just hates wrestling more than she implied, but yeah, I think the casual fan might expect completely different things out of a wrestler that they are going to take seriously.

I think the look holds him back with fans, and you just have to know that Vince hates that he's 60-whatever and looks better shirtless than Owens does. I'm sure he concedes that he's an uber-talented guy when it comes to talking and he's as sure-footed as a mountain goat. I'm not as big a fan of his wrestling as most though. But the company seems to think he's fun to throw out there, so I'm sure he'll just be a fatty that kills himself for entertainment to try and get the really important acts over until he can't do it anymore.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote