View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:59 PM   #23
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Good show.

* I like Goldberg losing the belt before Starrcade due to injury. I can just imagine how wonderful Bret would be in the role as champion.

* Getting rid of Hogan is great. It's true that it really freshens up everything.

* I like Bret/Nash being the blow-off to the nWo stuff, but Bret/Sting could have also worked. Bret would beat the guy who walked out of Starrcade as champion the year before. But I suppose you need to give Nash something. He had good matches with Bret in the WWF.

* Jericho and the US Title seem like a great fit. Flair going after it makes it something worth having, and while Konnan was awful in the ring at this point, giving him something feels timely considering how over he was.

* Piper feels like he is going to be used in a way that benefits the overall product with his name value, as opposed to obstructing its future.

* Ultimately, I like how it really set the table for 1999. You've got strong babyfaces, heels and stories coming out of Starrcade heading into the new year, and everything makes sense and should generally keep the power players happy. Nash and DDP can be promoted as a huge match and semi-main instead of the "get them locked out of the way" thing it is.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote