View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 12:16 AM   #14
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What I'd rack my brain about is trying to figure out who Goldberg would eventually lose his streak (and title) to. You COULD feasibly leave it as it was, but this time you actually have Goldberg go on to systematically kill the entire reunited nWo one by one before ultimately getting the belt back from Hogan amidst big build-up. But doing that means keeping in the Finger Poke of Doom which is so often cited as a point of no return for the company. Whatever story that followed it may have been irrelevant in terms of being able to swing the ratings pendulum back to WCW.

DDP was the other guy I loved at that age and he was ridiculously over, Halloween Havoc 1998 was a dream match for me and watching it back now it definitely holds up and it's pretty clearly the best match Goldberg's ever had. I'm dreaming up an alternate timeline where that match doesn't happen at Halloween Havoc. Rather, Goldberg defends successfully against someone else at that show while DDP wins World War 3 the next month. DDP and Goldberg have their Havoc match except this time the Diamond Cutter OUTTA NOWHERE that blew the roof off the building actually ends the match and solidifies DDP as another top guy.

I know that DDP was no spring chicken. He would've been 42 by this point. But he was only a few years into his career and I think positioning him and Goldberg as the top acts could've worked for a while and given you two homegrown dudes to build around. This of course ignores the many, many egos involved in WCW booking.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote