View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 05:48 PM   #31
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
Maybe Vince was inspired by the drastic change in Mahal? He is the most shredded big man they have and he used to be doughy. Could just be how dramatic it is that is tickling vinces balls
I absolutely think this is a large part of what happened. A nice little nod to Mahal to pop the boys and as an "attaboy" for getting himself into shape. And, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a little bit of passive aggressive acting out that goes into it too. Vince has got to be at least somewhat frustrated at how small seems to work better these days, so finding a shredded guy in today's era might be somewhat cathartic for him.

I've also got a theory that the writers often pitch ideas just to see how far they can get them. Like the SNL writing room, there is sort of this ownership of ideas where you want to see yours make air, no matter what it is. So you start pitching shit Vince is going to find funny or whatever. "Jinder Mahal: WWE Champion" may have started as a "Well, Vince likes Jinder, so I'll push this," without the sincere intent for it to work, and then it just passed every safeguard WWE has, because Jinder is well-liked, works hard, is liked by Triple H, has family liked by agents, etc.

There's no way of proving that, but it's the kind of zany explanation that helps me find solace in what is happening, haha.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote