View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 09:30 PM   #365
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic

Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR Hero View Post
Anyway, I listened a few more times to Wolvie and it does sound more like cut your head off.

So

Anyway, although X3 was packed with tons of characters and didn't give great back-stories, I still enjoyed it. X2 was a the gem of the series to date imo. Not too sure why people would suddenly become to downcast on the X-Men stuff, it's good eye candy. I think it's a case of too many people nerding it up. After all a book isn't a comic and a comic isn't a movie and a movie isn't a play.... There are different mediums and people that tend to know the back-stories already because they're fans of the stuff via one medium don't really need to be explained the backgrounds. Casual movie go-ers aren't interested in long character developments, they want to get on with a blowing up of stuff and the be-headings, etc.

So yeah, in conclusion, mitch owes me an apology.
Granted it's different media, but the only things that really needed changing were the costumes. The eras of the source material that they drew on for the movie plots are some of the best periods in the X-Men comics.

Also, it is "cut your head off". It's widely acknowledged that the only real way to kill Wolverine or Sabretooth is decapitation. In fact, that is how Sabretooth dies in the comics anyway.
Funky Fly is offline   Reply With Quote