Thread: Persona 5
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 09:14 AM   #36
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Yeah but if you don't ambush them and you happen to pull an Anubis he will get multiple hit-all and/or insta-kill moves in before you can kill him. I've gotten frustrated af a couple times when I hadn't saved for a little while I was farming the stuff only to have an Anubis target Joker with instakill moves. Once he targeted me, missed, then immediately targeted me with a different instakill and landed it -_-'

In a game where your main character dying is automatic game over, having instakills is definite wekasauce.

Doesn't matter anyways, I moved on from that palace now. I'm in early September, right before the school trip. Ended up with 16 liquid mercury and 12 Aluminum (used some in a different craft I was knocking out for progress on the crafting trophy). I'm going to make another trip into mementos in the next couple of in-game days, before the trip, and I will just farm a bunch of aluminum from the random drops on the ground in the new area by continually reloading whichever zone I happen to find one in first. Also hoping to go ahead and knock the red phosphorous requirement out at the same time, too, as they are super rare and I already managed to get like 5 of those from Palace 4.
Equip Joker with your own Anubis and you'll be immune to bnoth curse and bless instakills... I keep atleast one persona in my party with NUL to both just incase I hit an insta kill heavy area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
WOOOO TRIPLE POST TIME

Dunno if you watch any anime but I have noticed a distinct similarity between Persona 5 and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. In the anime all of the main characters, good and bad, are tied to the different tarot cards like Sun/Star/Hanged Man/Emperor, etc, and their powers are this invisible creatures that stand behind them and attack for them and can't be seen by normies. Several of the bad guys in the anime are converted to the good side by removing a small parasite from their forehead that changes their cognition. Also in the overall JoJo narrative, the magic power they all have comes from an energy called Hamoan, which is a bless instakill move in P5. Kinda weird how much they align.

Another excellent reference in P5 I noticed was when Yusuke rearranges Futabas rip-off power rangers action figures into the Ginyu Force pose from Dragon Ball Z, and then the next question you get when school is available after the break is about King Kamehameha and what he is holding in his hand in a statue of him and one of the answers is "A Dragon Ball".

Excellent.
I watch an unhealthy ammount lol I will check it out though I havent seen it.

Tons of subtle refferences in the game; tons more Im sure that are lost on wetsern audiences.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote