View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 10:05 PM   #1394
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by A Blissful No Mercy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW Frontpaige via Triple A
Monday’s post-SummerSlam Raw brought in an average of 3,404,000 viewers, up from last week’s 3,233,000 viewers.

That’s Raw’s highest number since the Superstar Shake-up episode on April 10, 2017, which did 3,429,000 viewers.

This time last year, the August 22, 2016 post-SummerSlam Raw did 3,315,000 viewers.

Raw was #1, 3, and 4 on cable in the 18-49 demographic for the night. A pre-season NFL game between the Giants and Browns on ESPN was #2 with 3,574,000 viewers.

Hourly breakdown:

8PM: 3,416,000
9PM: 3,581,000
10PM: 3,216,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
When Bobby Roode lost his NXT Championship last Saturday, the only question was how soon it would take for him to arrive on the main roster.

It turns out that we didn't have to wait very long. Roode made his debut on SmackDown tonight by defeating Aiden English, with Roode hitting his Glorious DDT to finish the match ...

Shelton Benjamin is the newest addition to the SmackDown roster, nearly a year after being set to return to WWE.

In a backstage segment on SmackDown, General Manager Daniel Bryan was talking to Chad Gable, who was growing tired of hearing about Jason Jordan’s new singles career -- he was worried about his own. Bryan said he understood that, and that is why he made a deal with Kurt Angle: in exchange for Jordan, Angle would help Bryan sign one of his friends.
Quote:
The domestic violence charges against Paige have been dropped. A representative for the 9th Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s office told TMZ that the case is closed because the the victim, which would be Alberto El Patron, did not want to press charges.
Link to the TMZ article: http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/22/paige-...berto-del-rio/

Quote:
Bodybuilder Dallas McCarver, boyfriend of Dana Brooke, passed away early this morning, TMZ reported. He was just 26. It appears he choked on food and was found unconscious shortly after midnight. He was then transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. Police say there’s no sign of foul play. Brooke, who spoke to TMZ, told McCarver’s fans to stay strong.
Quote:
It was announced today that Tony Schiavone will return to pro wrestling announcing by calling the action at MLW: One-Shot on October 5th. He’s done virtually no pro wrestling broadcasting since the final episode of WCW Monday Nitro in 2001. He will be joined by Rich Bocchini, formerly Rich Brennan of NXT.
Link to the announcement: https://mlw.com/2017/08/22/tony-schi...-mlw-one-shot/

Quote:
NEVER Openweight Champion Minoru Suzuki will have his first United States match in 25 years next month as he is scheduled for the Ring of Honor Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view and subsequent TV tapings on September 22nd and 23rd in Las Vegas.

New Japan Pro Wrestling announced Suzuki and KUSHIDA as appearing for ROH on those dates, noting that they will leave the September New Japan tour after the September 16th show in Hiroshima to head to the US.

Suzuki, who was an MMA pioneer that UFC attempted to book on its early shows but at the time Pancrase didn't want its top stars doing UFC, has never been among the talent sent previously to ROH, and he was not at the Long Beach New Japan shows.
Quote:
On a week where the eyes of the fight world are on the UFC lightweight champion making his debut in a boxing ring, a budding megastar with a troubled past has once again given the UFC a black eye.

TMZ is reporting Tuesday night that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones tested positive for the anabolic steroid Turinabol and has been stripped of the title he won by knocking out Daniel Cormier last month at UFC 214 -- his first fight back since coming off a one-year ban for his first USADA violation. A second positive failure could mean up to a four year ban from the sport.

UFC confirmed the news, saying the positive test was taken on July 28th after Jones weighed in.
Pretty much puts an end to the Lesnar-Jones and Lesnar MMA rumors. Link to the TMZ report: http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/22/jon-jo...itle-stripped/

Quote:
Global Force Wrestling taped again last night[Saturday] for an episode of Impact that will air on September 7th. The show featured the debuts of AAA talent Pagano, El Texano Jr. and Taya Valkyrie. The show ended with an angle where Jeremy Borash announced that Bobby Lashley was quitting GFW. Lashley came out and said he wanted one final match in the promotion, and he wants it to be against Moose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There are plans to air a special on Madusa aka Alundra Blayze in September, timed with the finals of the Mae Young Classic.

We are told that the week the Classic airs live from Las Vegas on 9/12, 205 Live will indeed air following the finals. It's a good thing they are broadcasting from Vegas.

September will also feature the second season of WWE's animated series Storytime.

The September Collections for the Network's VOD are said to be dedicated to Sting and The Undertaker.

For those of who you have asked about these two series, I was told that WCW Thunder and Sunday Night Heat are both in line to be added to the Vault section later this year. I am hoping personally they keep adding some more World Class and old school WWE house shows.

There are no plans to add the Table for 3 episode with Ric Flair, Sting and Ricky Steamboat until Flair's health situation improves to the point he is out of the woods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Several fans were ejected from the Barclays Center during the Finn Balor vs. Jason Jordan match on Raw when beach balls they were bouncing around ended up over the barricade and in the ringside area. There had been a ton bouncing around during the taping after the incident at Summerslam. My guess is those items will soon be added to the list of prohibited items at WWE events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
John Cena is currently filming Transformers: Bumblebee but is already being eyed for another potential Hollywood franchise film that is being adapted from a classic '80s TV property - Knight Rider.

ScreenRant.com is reporting that a comedic reboot of the property from The Weinstein Company has been eyeing both Cena and comedian Kevin Hart for leading roles. Cena is envisioned as playing Michael Knight, the role that made David Hasselhoff a massive international star while Hart was pitched as the voice of KITT, the futuristic super-car that Knight drives. The idea is to do a take on the series similar to the feature film version of 21 Jump Street, turning the original concept into an action comedy.

The original series aired for several years on NBC in the early 1980s and has seen subsequent made for TV sequel series and films in the past, most recently a 2008 series (which was quite good) but only lasted one season.
Link to the report from ScreenRant.com: http://screenrant.com/knight-rider-m...na-kevin-hart/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
The Wrap has an interview here with WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, who was promoting the new season of Broken Skull Challenge on CMT. During the interview, Austin was asked about wrestlers using someone else's finisher and the right way to go about it.

"There's different ways to go about it," Austin said. "Sometimes people will check with other guys. I'm down with anybody using the Stunner. I would prefer that it be used as a used a finisher, and not as the current routine with the DDT, where it's basically one of the lamest false-finishes in the business after being one of the most devastating finishers in the history of the business."
Link to the interview: http://www.thewrap.com/stone-cold-st...ull-challenge/

Quote:
As seen on RAW last night, WWE started planting seeds for a Roman Reigns vs. John Cena feud, which would suggest that the match will be taking place soon and not at WrestleMania.

Dave Meltzer reported on last night's Wrestling Observer Radio that the current plan is once again for Brock Lesnar to face Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania 34. At one point Cena vs. Reigns had been rumored for WrestleMania after WWE briefly changed the SummerSlam main event from being Brock Lesnar defending the WWE Universal Championship against Braun Strowman to Lesnar vs. Reigns.

WWE later changed the SummerSlam main event to a Fatal 4-Way featuring Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Strowman vs. Samoa Joe, and the scheduled WrestleMania main event was back to Reigns vs. Lesnar.
Quote:
Emma recently spoke with NewsHub to promote the September 13th WWE live event in New Zealand and commented on her recent "#GiveEmmaAChance" social media campaign:

"There are so many talented females on our roster, so yes it can be hard to stand out, but in saying that I have one of the biggest social media following on the entire WWE roster. It has really worked for me recently because of my fans, the comments I had been getting from them made me react to it and you can see it's really paid off in the last few weeks. It's about time too, the whole #GiveEmmaAChance thing is real. I mean when do I get my chance at the championship, I have never had that and it just goes to show how social media can help."
Link to the interview: http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entert...ll-circle.html

Some other sheet news includes:
  1. Cody Rhodes was revealed to be this week's guest for Jerry Lawler's Dinner With the King podcast show. https://twitter.com/DinnerWithKing/s...33138129580033
  2. WWE confirmed both Asuka (collarbone) and Big Cass (left knee) suffered legit injuries the past couple of days. Asuka broke her collarbone at Brooklyn III while Cass suffered a potential ACL injury during last night's RAW.
  3. In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Cena's win over Baron Corbin at SummerSlam was his first singles win at the event since 2010.
  4. In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the two year anniversary of Bayley-Sasha NXT Women's championship match at Takeover Brooklyn I.
  5. WWE officially confirmed reports of them signing Lio Rush to a contract. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/arti...signs-lio-rush
  6. Observer stated former ROH star Donovan Dijak is expected to be the next big name officially announced by the WWE soon.
  7. Recent blog by Jim Ross on official blog talked about Black-Itami match at Brooklyn III, Universal title match at SummerSlam, and Jim Cornette. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...mauro-ranallo/
  8. WSVN-TV held a recent interview with Sami Callihan talking about his time in the WWE, Triple H in NXT, and his current time in the indies. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...w-triple-h-is/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote