View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 12:27 PM   #7
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
I never understood the cut palms thing because I didn't use that technique for that mini-game. I would always just pinch the stick with two fingers and rotate it that way. Also, you didn't have to rotate it as hard as humanly possible; you just had to do it better than your opponent. Still, I do appreciate them dropping the gimmick in later entries.
Think it was just due that being the first notable exploit or tactic someone found out that was faster to do and guaranteed the win against others playing that mini-game normal. Then it just spread like wildfire in schools, gaming pals, and during the early days of the internet into become a well known phenomenon for the first Mario Party game.

Probably also lead to a good chunk of people causing their N64 controller joysticks to go limp a lot quicker than normal. Mine might have been due to all the WCW and WWF AKI wrestling games since I played those a ton or either Perfect Dark or Killer Instinct Gold.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote