View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
ron the dial
the heartbreak king

ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
ok so here's my set up and some of my favorites in my collection.

SPOILER: show

pro-ject debut carbon turntable. came with an ortofon 2m red cartridge which i considered replacing, but it's done a really good job so i'm just leaving it for now. upgrades are too damn expensive.

marantz pm6004 integrated amp. right now the turntable is the only component permanently hooked up to it (discounting the aux cable for my ipod), but i'm looking for a nice vintage cassette deck to setup next.

my speakers are some klipsch synergy b2 bookshelf speakers that i bought off my parents for cheap. they are actually really nice.

the record collection. i haven't taken inventory in quite a while, but i probably have between 100-125. the majority of it falls into metal/punk/indie with some classic rock and hip hop thrown in. so pretty much just like my itunes library.

some of my favorites from my collection:

the bottom left is a test press of an odz manouk/tukaaria split. the only test press i have.

top left is the final press of the appleseed cast - low level owl. i have another pressing of this as well. since this is pretty much my favorite album of all time, i'm trying to get all of them. i only have the 3 oldest and hardest left to track down/pay too much for.

i've tried to find magnetic fields - 69 love songs, but it was a very limited run and goes for outrageous prices. i'm hoping they repress it soon, but i'm not holding my breath.

i have about 20 cassettes, too, but i won't bother with those. mostly obscure metal bands.

Last edited by ron the dial; 04-04-2015 at 09:50 AM.
ron the dial is offline   Reply With Quote