View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #329
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
On whiffing to build meter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD @ SRK
Whiff building just looks bad aesthetically to me. Sort of like cross-ups, which is why I love Gen's kicks looking like they specifically cross up - not that "well it's a hit-box thing..."

With past talk of how important whiff building is, I wonder how people would react to simply charging meter DBZ style (make it like BBCS's Tsubaki where you can do it wherever). Maybe have short increases like taking 'redbull shots' or whatever. It would work functionally verbatim with whiff building, but I imagine people would still find something wrong with it (sort of like the infamous E attack). Ironically for aesthetic reasons probably.
MvC3 has no whiff building, which is awesome. Some dudes claim this helps runaway tactics. Except the bitchiest characters in MvC3 just so happens to be flyers. Another poster echos this thought in another discussion (the SSF4 arcade buff/nerfs):

Quote:
Stylistically and from a design perspective it makes no sense that playing cammy to her optimum necessarily involves whiffing dozens of cannon strikes a match, using a move completely differently to how it was intended.

I mean really, who sees a dive kick being used 1cm from the ground on the other side of the screen as being a positive design choice?
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote