View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 09:08 AM   #35
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
because that voice doing a monolog would be horrid

Obviously it can be brought down a bit, even tuned with technology if needed. I'd imagine anyone would have a tone and pitch shift when speaking in various environments//situations.

Edit: Would NOT be needed. I had no idea Martinet also voiced Paarthunax from Skyrim.

For me, this is as egregious as the Sonic design. It'd almost be like Bugs Bunny starring in his first movie, and anyone except Mel Blanc did the voice. It could still be "passable" but it wouldn't be Bugs. I know "bugs talked more" but to say there isn't enough files of Mario speaking is just ludicrous.

This is just "Name X projected to make $$$$$$". I'm sure it will do fine on the Mario name alone.

I don't consider myself an "audiophile" because I don't lean into that hobby...... but sounds resonate with me in a major way. For whatever reason, I can recall music, notes, rhythms, etc. after hearing a song 2-3 times and it's stuck there forever. I have random beats through my brain all day and music was a MAJOR part of my life growing up (kinda still is, but not actively reading sheet music right now)

^
That may be why it irks me as bad as it does. It jolts my auditory senses expecting to hear one thing, and instead hearing the complete opposite. That, in turn, makes me tune out almost immediately.

Last edited by drave; 10-09-2022 at 10:15 AM.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote