View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #1837
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by WWE's Greatest Moment of 2018:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Regarding Sami Zayn not being on today's show, WWE said: "WWE is committed to embracing individuals from all backgrounds while respecting local customs and cultural differences around the world."

The only thing I'll say about the show, is when you watch WWE, they are usually not subtle and this was no exception. If you had any question about what this was, they gave you no wiggle room to pretend it was something that it wasn't. They were paid a lot of money to be ambassadors for Saudi Arabian propaganda. Whether that's good or bad is your own value structure.
Rumor going around the net is either Sami refused to work on the show or WWE didn't allow him in order to appease the Saudi government. Both based on his Syrian ethnicity and relations between Syria and Saudi Arabia being terrible for years.

Quote:
"Avengers: Infinity War," which features Dave Bautista debuted last night and did $39 million in its first night, a Thursday, and has also done another $95 million internationally. It'll be No. 1 by a wide margin this coming weekend. It is expected to do well over $200 million this weekend. Last night was the fourth largest Thursday night for any movie in U.S. history.
Quote:
It was 62 years ago today, on April 27, 1956, that Arena Mexico first opened. Tonight's show is an anniversary show and there is a women's hair vs. hair match with Seductora vs. Princesa Sugehit, and the show is a little deeper than usual, but other than that it's not much different from any other Friday night show except it has the anniversary name. Really the best stuff on the show may be the first two matches.
Quote:
ROH will be hosting a U.S. title match with Jay White defending against Punishment Martinez on 5/11 in Toronto.
Quote:
As we had noted previously, Dave Bautista at one point was to team with Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania in the mixed tag, and then it didn't happen. He talked about it in more detail with Chad Dukes.

“This is all insider stuff, and I usually don't share. I'm really an old-school kayfabe guy. But they reached out to me earlier this year to possibly come back and do that thing with Ronda. And I said that I would be willing to do it only if we teased something for me and Hunter to go to Mania next year. And they said, 'Yeah, that would be great. I love that idea.' And I said, 'Well, that's great. I'll come back a few times during the year, and we'll tease it, and we'll work it and we'll milk it. And we'll go to Mania, me and Hunter, next year.' Oh, I love that idea. Let's do it! And so we literally talked for about like three weeks and then they just stopped calling me. I sent a text to Hunter. I was like, 'Hey man, I don't know if you put any more thought into what's going on. I'm really excited about the possibilities.’ And I literally never heard back from them. They just stopped talking to me about it. Man, I don't know what else I can do to try to... I want to end my career the right way. I'm faithful and loyal to the WWE. I'm proud of being from there and I want to do good business with them, but they just don't make it easy. You know, they just don't.”

Bautista goes on to say, if nothing happens by next year, “I'm just gonna officially hang it up.”
Link: https://thefandc.radio.com/dave-baut...eturning-calls

Quote:
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has revealed the lineup for what might be their final show at American Legion Post #308.

"Bask in His Glory" will take place in Reseda, California on May 25th, and the name of the show -- a reference to Keith Lee and his catchphrase -- is sure to increase speculation about Lee's future on the independent scene. Lee lost the PWG World Championship to WALTER at All Star Weekend night two earlier this month and is scheduled to face Australian wrestler Adam Brooks in May.

WALTER will defend his title against Sammy Guevara in the main event of Bask in His Glory.

At the beginning of All Star Weekend night one, PWG announced that the sale of their longtime home venue hasn't been finalized and their May date may not be the final show there. PWG will be returning to the Globe Theatre in Los Angeles on July 13th, with Dave Meltzer noting that it's possible there will be more shows in Reseda if the Legion Post isn't sold by August.

Here's the full card for Bask in His Glory:

PWG World Champion WALTER defending against Sammy Guevara
Keith Lee vs. Adam Brooks
Bandido vs. Robbie Eagles
Matt Riddle vs. David Starr
Jonah Rock vs. Timothy Thatcher
Jake Atlas vs. Rey Horus
Tyler Bateman vs. Trevor Lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The backstage interviews on the show were not broadcast live in the stadium as they were part of a break in the live show to give the audience a chance to pray. That's why the Chris Jericho lines didn't get a big reaction from the audience - they couldn't see or hear it.

The original plan for Hornswoggle was for him to work a singles match on the Kickoff Show against Robbie Araujo, who has worked in the past for WWE as Wee-BL. At some point in the last day, the decision was made to put Swoggle into the Rumble instead, so Araujo went all the way to Saudi Arabia but didn't wrestle. Hornswoggle commented on his return via Twitter:

Life is pretty crazy sometimes! Thanks @wwe for having me a part of the #WWEGRR ! Got to dust off the ol’ suit for the first time in almost 10 years! pic.twitter.com/X4w4DwpfMv
— Dylan Postl (@wwehornswoggle) April 27, 2018

For those who asked about Drew McIntyre not being on the show, we are told that it was likely that McIntyre was brought to the main roster too close to the show for a work visa to be worked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 4/26 edition of Impact did 308,000 overnight viewers, down from last week's 373,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network News is reporting that Camp WWE is returning to WWE Network on Sunday 5/6, the same day as Backlash. Am episode titled, “A Tale of Two Cenas" will be available at 12 PM EST that day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Pink News published an article on WWE running the event in Saudi Arabia and all the obvious concerns that has raised in the LGBT community. WWE issued a statement to the outlet, noting, "WWE is committed to embracing individuals from all backgrounds while respecting local customs at our events around the world. Our partnership with the General Sports Authority enables us to be at the forefront of the changes that are taking place and those to come.”
Another BS thing WWE has claimed they will play a big role in helping to change when that's not going to be the case at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
WWE announced the following to congratulate Daniel Bryan on setting a new record by being in the 50-man Greatest Royal Rumble match for 1 hour and 16 minutes. This breaks the previous record set by Rey Mysterio in 2006. Rey won that match and lasted for 1 hour, 2 minutes & 12 seconds.
Link with the announcement: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...or-new-record/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
WWE officials had talked about adding a singles match to the Greatest Royal Rumble Kickoff pre-show but that obviously never happened. PWInsider adds that the entire WWE crew was given a long list of cultural miscues to avoid while they were in Saudi Arabia this week.

Some other sheet news includes:

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote