View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 04:09 PM   #529
Gray

Gray is "reptacular" (2,500+)Gray is "reptacular" (2,500+)Gray is "reptacular" (2,500+)
I had no idea this thread existed here! Been a massive fan of Dragonball.

The arc finished now I felt was somewhat lackluster though, many failing plot points which did irritate me from the beginning, especially with the culmination of the final battle in ToP.

Jiren I felt was an irritation more than any, especially in the beginning - When ToP started he meditated for god knows how many episodes then fighting from 109 which if memory serves was about 15-20 episodes into the arc itself.

I thought it would lead up to him being so powerful that he exerted an enormous amount of energy causing him to have to meditate again to power up - This was not at all the case though, instead he could have stomped everyone into the ground with time to spare but it felt fake.

Overall there were a lot of great animation and moments throughout, especially the music. I had always grown up on the Bruce Falconer style of music without ever having to listen to the Japanese style - But the Ultimate Battle theme was beyond epic, probably going even further beyond the SSJ3 theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqa7W-_Snbo

This guy makes awesome covers of the majority of them, just amazing.
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote