View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #87
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
A valid point, but you can't use that point without acknowledging the harm that comes from sites calling all gamers misogynist, racists, terrorists. And I don't recall this point coming in response to other actions against game companies (boycott whoever because DLC this and that). Only now are we supposed to consider that people in these companies could be hurt from their employer or co-workers' actions? Is this something you've always felt?

I've never read this kind of reaction to having ads pulled. In any other scenario consumers getting things done is fair game.
Name calling, that is what this boils down to from the likes of it. If someone insults you on the street, are you going to obtain their personal info and "doxx" them, or reciprocate in kind and move along? Other than bruising egos, what damage has name calling ever really done? GTFO with that.

I am talking financial damage. People that have zero to do with this could be financially impacted thanks to the stupidity of both sides of this nonsensical issue. Devs having to move ENTIRE FAMILY HOUSEHOLDS because of a group of trolls that want to "doxx" people? It is on the same level of "SWATTING" because you kicked some 12 year olds ass at the latest CoD.

Example of mass boycott related to DLC that has harmed a company/studio? Closest RECENT event I can think of that even comes close was the uproar about the ME3 ending. Video games are another art form and the devs of ME should have said "STFU" and left it at that. They cannot though, because of whiney brats that believe something should be the way they want it without consideration of anyone else. When has a company ever been hurt from such actions?

And no, it should have been considered BEFORE doing something so dumb. A leaderless movement of any sort will net you cannon fodder in any arena. This would be the equivalent, in real life, of country A outright obiterating country B and every single inhabitant because there were a "couple bad guys" that really needed to be destroyed.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote