View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #6
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
Mankind was battered and broken when Al wrestled him. The kennel from hell was an unmitigated disaster but it could have been Benoit vs Tiger Mask and it'd have been dog shit (pun intended).

He actually had some really good hardcore matches. Just didn't belong in a main even spot. Really fun mid-card act when he was firing on all cylinders and a solid hand. Doesn't deserve to be talked about in the same light as David Flair. Have a feeling he was also quite good in SMW. Wrestle his first match in like 1986 or something.

Mick Foley was also an amazing worker. Very fast for a guy his size, and unorthodox and a fantastic story teller. Dunno how that makes him "average at best"
I'm a huge Foley mark. At one point I owned 5-6 Cactus Jack DVDs with his early matches etc, watched all his ECW stuff religiously. However, I've come to realize a lot of my love was because of my rose colored glasses. Going back to a lot of his work, he was unique, had a great look, but wasn't exactly great. Kevin Owens does what Foley was trying to do as a husky guy but way better and without all the hardcore stuff.

I truly love Foley, but I couldn't make the case for him as particularly good in the ring. He was known for his spots, his ability to absorb punishment, his amazing talent on the mic, and for just being a swell guy to work with.
Swiss Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote