View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 06:29 PM   #139
LuigiD

LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
The Emperor's presence didn't create a lot of questions, that is a valid statement. The movie isn't a fucking nuclear bomb but for us that expect a bit more from the lore it is rather disappointing.

I think Fignuts hits it perfectly, for some people throwing characters away is not a problem and for others..it is.

I work as a media analyst for a TV marketing firm so I see plenty o f storytelling...and I have been a fan of the saga for quite some time and have the credentials to show it considering that I was interviewed for the local paper to showcase my collection. I care about the lore..be it Snoke, Darth Maul, etc.. and in that..I am not a fan of characters being thrown away and perhaps the most..disappointing thing that has come out of this movie is the "us" vs. "them" mentality that has grown out of the fan community. For some folks, if you didn't like it you are an unbearable fan boy and if you did..you are a genius.

The movie is a not trainwreck but is no masterpiece either. There are a lot of cool moments. As Anthony Daniels pointed out before the TFA..its kind of hard to capture the magic of something so strongly the second time.
LuigiD is offline   Reply With Quote