View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #107
Loose Cannon
I'm all there is

Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
In all seriousness i would agree with Bret, Shawn and everyone else not being a draw from 93-97. But i also believe you can't really put the blame on one person. People like to shit on Nash and his run, but the overall product was pretty shitty. It's so hard to watch that era. There's some rays of light, but it was pretty awful. Pretty comparable to today's product actually.

Anyway when you get to 97 and you start having a good mix of storylines and characters, Bret, Shawn, Taker and Austin pretty much hit a homerun and started the boom. To me, the boom period started when Bret came back in late 96 with Austin. And you had HBK/Sid, Taker/Mankind. Fans were seeing something different and the everything started to take off. the product was a lot more edgier. I remember that promo Bret did when he lost to Sid in the cage on Raw when he pushed Vince and said "Frustrated isn't a god dam word for it...This is Bullshit." as a 13 year old, pretty much the greatest thing i'd ever seen lol." And i'm sure tons of people ate that up. things like that completely reinvented the product

So I guess what I am trying to say is I believe nobody on top would of made a difference during that era (93-96 specifically) The product lagged behind society change and it killed wrestling. Bret's my fav wrestler by far, but unfortunately the business was the shits during his time on top. Even the numbers in 97 weren't anything special, but i believe 100% that 97 turned the business around like i said earlier.
Loose Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote