View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #16
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I get the feeling that this will also impact SmackDown over here in the UK.

Right now we also get SmackDown live early on Wednesday morning but if it moves to Fridays on FOX, then one of three things will happen:

• It'll be live on Friday on FOX and the UK will also get it live early on Saturday morning.

• It'll be taped and shown on Friday on FOX and also shown here taped, also on Friday.

• It'll stay live and shown live over here like it is now, early on Wednesday mornings but be shown taped on FOX on Fridays.

I think the first outcome will really not do SmackDown any favours over here due to it's time and day of broadcast.

The second outcome will also be bad for SmackDown over here but not at much as the first outcome. I guess for people around my age it would kinda be a little nostalgia trip back to the days when Raw was shown on Friday nights but apart from that, it'll also be really unfair to UK fans that would now miss out on live SmackDown's because of the agreement between WWE and Fox.

The third outcome could happen but is really the less likely to happen. Another country getting something live whereas the country of the show's origin doesn't, just doesn't make any sense and would probably see a big rise of illegal streaming of SmackDown in the states.

So when you think about it, either way, this deal between WWE and Fox really screws over the UK if indeed SmackDown does move to Fridays.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote