View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 10:42 PM   #573
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by the Reincarnation of Xanta Claus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Getting a post-PPV bump, Raw did 2.95 million viewers last night, a solid seven percent increase from last week.

While the show started higher, with 3.06 million in hour one as compared to 2.93 million last week, the key was retaining the viewers through the three hours.

What was notable about last night's show was the different way fans viewed it. Male fans grew, particularly those between the ages of 12 to 34, where there was an amazing 19 percent growth from hour one to three. However, this growth was reversed among women, who tuned out, losing 19 percent of the viewers between the first and third hour between those same ages ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.06 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.97 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.83 million viewers
Quote:
Though they appeared to reveal the full Wrestle Kingdom 11 card last week, New Japan Pro Wrestling announced a change in two of the show's title matches on Monday morning.

Tomohiro Ishii will now team with Toru Yano to make the IWGP Tag Team Championship match at the Tokyo Dome on January 4th a three-way bout with champions Guerrillas of Destiny defending against Ishii & Yano in addition to World Tag League winners Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma.

Yano had announced his intent to challenge for the titles at NJPW's first Road to the Tokyo Dome show last week before teaming with Ishii the next night.

With Ishii previously being scheduled to compete in the NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championship gauntlet at the Dome, Jado will now take his place as he joins the CHAOS team of Will Ospreay & YOSHI-HASHI. That match will also include champions Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet & David Finlay, a Los Ingobernables de Japon team of SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI, and a Bullet Club team of Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Hangman Page.
Quote:
WWE debuts a new Table for 3 on Wednesday night with Jim Duggan, Sgt Slaughter and Nikolai Volkoff
Quote:
Finn Balor made an appearance for OTT Wrestling in his home country of Ireland today. The show was headlined by Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay ...

People on Twitter yesterday were raving about the Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay match in Dublin. It's not available for viewing until 12/28, but there were people live who I know and who I trust who were talking about it as if it was something special.
Quote:
WWE’s YouTube channel looked at five potential Undertaker matches that they’re dying to see.
Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9dVuHyA3cg

Quote:
Chris Hero also addressed his situation with WWE at PWG last night by saying that he really doesn’t know what’s going to happen and it may or may not have been his last time wrestling in PWG.
Quote:
Pop TV posted the full Total Nonstop Deletion episode of TNA Impact.
Link to the episode: http://poptv.com/post/154555002543/i...-deletion-full

Quote:
Finn Balor reflected on his injury and said that the target is still to be back in time for WrestleMania in an interview with ESPN.
Quote:
Zack Ryder tweeted that he may be out anywhere from 4-9 months after undergoing knee surgery.
Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/810715296566824960

Quote:
WWE PPVs are definitely declining in public interest. The TLC show two weeks ago was the first time I can recall a WWE show not cracking the top 20 in searches for the day. The Smackdown shows have done far worse from the start than the Raw shows. Last night's show was No. 16, with 100,000 searches, but it used to be 200,000 minimum for most shows. PPVs always have more searches than TV shows, but UFC on Saturday for a TV show had three in the top 20, with Paige VanZant (No. 5), Urijah Faber (No. 12) and Sage Northcutt (No. 18). Bernard Hopkins was No. 12. That correlated with what will likely be the best December UFC ratings in several years.
Some perspective on all the social media blabbering about how popular they are that the WWE likes to do a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As of this Wednesday 12/21, E! will be moving WWE reality series Total Divas back one hour to 9 PM Eastern. The series is the midst of its sixth season and had been going head to head with WWE NXT on the WWE Network as well as Lucha Underground on The El Rey Network.
Likely also a last chance attempt by E! to try to prevent another record breaking lowest season occurring in a row for show history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
I'm not sure what will come of this, if anything, but Billy Corgan and Dave Lagana were in Baltimore a few weeks ago meeting with ROH management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WHAT TO EXPECT THE NEXT TWO WEEKS ON IMPACT WRESTLING

This Thursday on Impact Wrestling will see the promotion's "Greatest Hits of 2016" including Kurt Angle's TNA farewell, Gail Kim being inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame and more.

The 12/29 episode will be a Hardys-centric episode featuring highlights of all of the Broken Matt Hardy storylines and moments.

TNA had Jeremy Borash at the Hardy compound last week filming new material for these episodes.

TNA will film new material the first week of January 2017 at Universal Studios to carry the company over through March 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Matt Hardy announced via Twitter that "Total Nonstop Deletion" will be released to the home video market via DVD:

A Digital Video Disc of my #BROKENBrilliance has been ordered by the #7Deities.

These ILLUSTRIOUS events must be documented for POSTERITY.
— #BROKEN Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) December 20, 2016

We are told that you can expect some deleted scenes and the line to be included in the release next year.
Quote:
"Vince McMahon had this really "exciting" thing. Sasha was about to win and retain the championship. (...) Vince thought the whole building would go crazy during the countdown and then she would tap at 2 to deflate the entire crowd. Everybody else disagreed."
From a recent Observer Radio show about the ending plans for Sasha-Charlotte and Vince only caring about Charlotte. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...vince_mcmahon/

Quote:
Losing his passion for the business:
"I've had a lifelong passion, and really obsession, with professional wrestling since I was a very small kid. That passion never left me. I was always inspired to be involved and be part of good TV and do projects that would inspire me professionally. Unfortunately, in 2015 and again in 2016, I was asked to play a character and perform storylines that I found thoroughly uninspiring. After making repeated attempts to change my career trajectory and having those efforts turned down, my passion for playing the role of a WWE Superstar went away."

His Bad News Barrett gimmick:
"'Bad News' Barrett was a really fun time. The reactions from the crowd I was getting were really about my speaking and my portrayal of a character rather than my in-ring work. You can even go back to the Nexus era, when I was cutting promos every single night. People were really hanging on my every word, and I was really dictating a lot of the shows that we were doing. I've always had that confidence in my performance ability and my ability to speak in character. One of the most exciting parts of the Nexus and 'Bad News' Barrett eras were I had a lot of influence in the character and I had a lot of influence in how I was going to portray myself. When I became King Barrett, the influence I had in the character was taken away. I was told, 'This is your outfit, and here is your promo that you have to say word-for-word.' Any time I tried to tweak the storyline because I thought it wasn't working, or because it wasn't me, I was denied. The lack of control over my career reduced my passion more than anything.

"For the first time in my life, I was questioning why I was even getting out of bed and going to work. I wasn't enjoying it and it wasn't motivating me at all. For that reason, I made the decision that I couldn't re-sign a contract and continue for three more years when I knew nothing was going to change. My choice was: to take the paycheck and accept that I was probably going to get the same kind of creative that I'd had for the last couple of years, or alternatively to walk away and look for something else. So I decided to do the latter. I've always been smart with my money, and I saved a lot during my time with WWE. I'm not in a position where I'm living paycheck-to-paycheck, and I can afford to explore other avenues."
From a recent interview Wade Barrett had with Sports Illustrated: http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016...nett-interview

Some other sheet news includes:
  • According to the Observer, ticket sales going into Roadblock: End of the Line ppv were really bad and expected to be the worst selling ppv since the new brand split era started.
  • ESPN had a recent interview with Triple H regarding WWE's plans for the UK market in the near future. http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...th-wwe-clearer
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, if Ric Flair followed the same pattern Charlotte is doing for title reigns, he would have had 209 recognized World title reigns for his career. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...ps_throughout/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote