View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 03:15 PM   #43654
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
A little thing I've been chewing over in regards to the commentary of Tony Schiavone versus Jim Ross', is that Ross would call shit out when it didn't make sense. He had this "Well, this is going to be bowling shoe ugly" attitude towards matches that didn't work, or angles that didn't make sense. As a result, whether consciously or not, I think fans learnt to "trust" JR. If something sucked, he would let them know, and when something was awesome, the passion was contagious.

It's not that Schiavone can't call or add to things when he needs to. WCW sucked so much that I think beyond simply not caring or being burnt out or whatever, you only have so much cache you can chew through before people stop trusting a word you say. To earn more of that trust from audiences, he would need to point out that most of WCW didn't make sense, and that we were all stupid for not watching the WWF. It turned him into a dishonest used car salesman trying to offload stock from years ago.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote