View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #59
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
Bret wasn't quite as smooth as Owen, nor was he as fast. In saying that, he was still the superior worker of the two, because he did what he did amazingly, with perfect timing, and told better stories.

He's not flawless by any means, but the shit he gets on this site just shows a lot of people hold his "bitterness" against him, and haven't actually bother watching much of his stuff.
Is it genuine shit? I've always interpreted it as a bit of a joke to bash him and just promote "HBM" as the greatest of all-time. I agree with your assessment of Bret, I guess. I dunno, I just think Bret is a fucking genius now. Owen was very good and "fun," but it's like saying that Thor Ragnarok is a better movie than Citizen Kane. I agree that Thor is more colorful and such, but that doesn't mean that Citizen Kane couldn't have been. Okay, that analogy makes no sense. Throw in something about directors and choices to complete it on your own.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote