View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 11:17 PM   #8048
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Wrestlers vs Zombies - 5/10

The movie is bad but it's one of those movies that it's so bad, it's good. But it's only good if you watch it with friends like I did, as it makes the movie funny and you can all have a laugh at how bad and cheesy things are.

If I had watched it on my own, the rating would be lower. Also, there are a lot of wrestling references which some of my friends didn't get. For example, the term "jobber" was used and one of my friends thought it was hilarious and asked "Did he just say jobber? What the hell is that?".

Some friends also thought it was funny when Piper hit a zombie over the head with a coconut. They didn't get the reference and thought it was one of those "silly random B-movie things".

There are a few bad mistakes, such as Roddy Piper's T-shirt constantly changing colour. In one scene, it when from white to blue and back again, about ten times.

The main villain has the worst Irish accent of all time. It kept changing from Irish to Scottish.

Also, Shane Douglas is a dick throughout the film.

And....

SPOILER: show
Matt Hardy and his girlfriend's appearance just consists of them having sex and Matt running away from zombies. That's it. They then die. But for some reason, you see Matt Hardy before you see his girlfriend, but he's with another woman and they're both all over each other. After that one scene, the women is never seen again or mentioned.

It's like his girlfriend couldn't make it in to the shoot that day, so they got another woman to go in her place.

Jim Duggan has a few small lines, but like Piper, the continuity of his clothes is insane. Shane Douglas then fucks him over and he dies. There is actually a nice "sad" scene where Duggan's a zombie and Piper puts him out of his misery with his own 2x4.

Worst of all is Kurt Angle's appearance. For a name as big as Angle's, along with that he's on the front cover, I thought he would have had a bigger role.

Instead, he appears on screen, and around a minute later, he's dead and a zombie. He then wrestles Shane Douglas as a zombie for around two minutes. After that, he's gone and never mentioned again. So all you get in a movie that's an hour and a half, is less than five minutes of Kurt Angle.

The Raid 2 - 7/10

I enjoyed it, but it was more "plot heavy" that the last one.

I did enjoy the fight scenes though, but it did feel like it was quite slow to begin with.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote