View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 07:42 PM   #985
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Well, they went over 6 million with a much better Raw 1000 show in 2012 and we see how well they did at keeping those people around.
That's a very good point. It'll be interesting to see the rating next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
They probably had the idea and then booked it blindly without any forethought and then scrambled trying to figure out what to do and ended up with a huge clusterfuck. It's a very WWE thing to do.
That is true. By applying logic in the first place, I was handicapping myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savio View Post
If you were not really a fan but watched last night what would make you want to stick around and continue to watch?
I don't know, truthfully. I mean, the third hour was rated highly. I'm too stupid to figure out why I still even loosely follow though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
Probably both to be honest.

Good - WWE can uses this during the bidding wars for the next tv contract to show they have a lot larger pool of viewers than their weekly numbers suggest. Also people are still very interested in past stars which is why WWE still loves to trot them around, especially for Mania.

Bad - WWE likely blew their biggest chance in years to keep those viewers with how terrible the show was in general. Also bad the WWE could end looking at these numbers and think more focus on part-timers is the solution to their problems.
I see your points, but that rating is not going to matter much come negotiations. They want to get them done sooner rather than later, but if I'm NBC-U, I'm waiting for a while to find out where they're sitting at the end of 2018, and a brief pop for a special show in January isn't going to get me wet.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote