View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 03:03 AM   #35354
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I am more excited for the WWE's Q2 Financial Report than I have been for anything they've put on television for a long time. I'm curious to see how this turns out. They always seem to come up profitable and pull a rabbit out of the hat and play the expanding game to keep shareholders happy, but everything has seemed a lot more...delicate lately. The television has been finding it harder and harder to retain its position in the ratings, which means advertisers aren't going to pay as much for the slots, which means that the USA Network is going to stop paying WWE so much, which means that these expensive expansions are going to put them into the red. Maybe.

It's frustrating, because you can see why they are doing shit. I've always thought that the WWE would try and set up a "WWE India" brand by buying out Khali's promotion or something. It wouldn't surprise me if the only reason they put the belt on Mahal was to send him there so that they have "Former WWE Champion Jinder Mahal" even if no one gives a fuck about him. Like, not so much as bring viewers in to SmackDown (that has been a colossal failure), but as a way of getting a television deal in India and supplementing themselves.

It's just...fuck me, you can see why the product is struggling. It's the actual wrestling stuff. It's the three-hour RAW and the commitment they ask of people for a stale product and wrestling that is, frankly, bland. You know the solution is to create real stars with charisma that draw people in so the product gets hot, more people watch, and there is a higher demand for what RAW (and SmackDown) bring to the table. You know that a three-hour RAW isn't worth the extra money, because fewer people are watching. You know that pushing mid-carders and jobbers into the main event is disengaging viewers further. But it's like the WWE isn't a wrestling promotion anymore. It is more important to get Nikki Bella out there so that they can get drumming about Total Bellas so that they can take the money for that and keep funding this expansion -- rather than focusing on the domestic front.

It's like the WWE isn't a wrestling promotion anymore.
Droford is offline   Reply With Quote