View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 12:46 AM   #171
thecc
Polyam cult member #420

thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney View Post
For a UK promotion to go over there and draw that crowd is pretty good going as a one off. It's a shame the UK doesn't have many of the mid-sized venues. They're stuck with a 2,700 for a place in London before having to do 15-20k seaters on the next tier up.

Would be interesting to know their subscriber numbers tbh. I started watching from Chapter 1 and it's surprisingly fucking good from both a talent and story point of view. It almost feels like it's booked with a long term vision, which is just crazy talk.
Not to go off topic too much but so much this. It makes me incredibly happy to see how much talent has developed and grown in Progress. A big issue with indies in the us is most of them ripping off PWG instead of having guys grow in these promotions. Half of the indies right now are just Sami Callahan and friends.

It's the reason I support companies like Progress and AIW. If you look at how many guys have come through and grown in those companies, it's crazy. Why bring in 2 huge names to wrestle on your show, when you can use them to help improve younger talent.
thecc is offline   Reply With Quote