View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #355
Requiem

Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
SPOILER: show
Huh? Nah, I agree with the points you brought up there. Some of that was me restating a few things for VSG's argument. Don't think I said anything that conflicts with what you said. Your point was definitely spot on, I just thought I needed to expand on it because I was thinking about it more. The bit about Ned's honor and Stark family lines and all.

It wasn't anything you said, but I thought it was assumed from the books that Ashara Dayne was a wildling woman? I could be wrong about that. In fact, I probably am. That was something that was in the back of my mind that sounded correct at the time.

Also, one of the other theories floating around the internet is that Tyrion is actually the son of Aerys (the mad king) and Joanna, Tywin's wife. That this is where the bad blood came from. http://towerofthehand.com/blog/2010/...nes/index.html They present a pretty solid argument actually, although I'm less convinced of this as I am of the theory about Jon Snow. There are a few things that just don't make sense to me - such as why Tywin would keep Tyrion alive if he knew.

Although it still has its merits. His obsession with dragons, his mismatched eyes and the description of his hair, possibly denoting mixed lineage. Tyrion spoke of how he dreamed of flying on a dragon. Either the musings of a dreamer, or foreshadowing. Tywin's last words to him - "You...you are no...no son of mine." - which could be seen as spite, which is how Tyrion took them, or they could be the last words of one of the most calculating men in Westeros. He also told Tyrion that he would NEVER be the lord of Casterly Rock. Does he hate him that much, or does he suspect or possibly know more? Keeping Tyrion alive would be a much more humbling character trait if Tywin DID know, but it would also go hand in hand with his cruelty toward Tyrion over the years. Maybe he kept him alive for Joanna's sake? Maybe it wasn't her fault that Aerys took her? He was The Mad King after all.

The 2nd and 3rd theories on the page have less merit, but the first about Tyrion seems plausible.

The main problem I have with this is that the dragon is supposed to have 3 heads. Dany, Aegon, aaand? The Jon Snow theory sounds more plausible to me. If he is the third head, then it wouldn't make sense for Tyrion to also be a Targaryen.

In the event that something happens to Aegon (seeing as he is not really a POV character in the books, and I'm sure more people are going to die in the next 2 books) then that would leave open the possibilities of Tyrion and Jon being the 2nd and 3rd heads of the dragon.

Dunno. Up until a couple days ago, I hadn't even thought of the possibility of an established character being someone other than who we think they are. But some of these theories actually have parts which seem plausible.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote