Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #1144
RaginRonic
Hellraiser Extraordinaire

RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by road doggy dogg View Post
See, now I know you're just trolling.

Nobody defends Mike Milbury.
Not defending Mike...I'd like to snip his vocal cords out and kick the shit out of him too, namely breaking his skull off a brick wall, and leave him where I found him.

But I know this too.

If I, a Canadian, was on a U.S. NHL team, and was forced to win a Cup for that city, if won, I would leave the ice, go back to the dressing room, and lock the door behind me.

I would then take my gear off, and then throw that sweater I wore, along with a U.S. flag, the NBC logo, and a picture of Bettman into a garbage can, pour gas on it all, and torch it.

I would then destroy all the alcohol in that room, and rip up all the logo cards hung up.

I would also then shower, collect my gear, like my skates and pads, unlock the door, and leave(all of my other personal belongings would have been taken home from the arena days before).

I would rather do that than prop up the U.S. teams collective financial power over the ones in Canada, even if it meant I did not hoist the Cup, attend the parade, got my name on the trophy, got my personal day with it, or got a Cup ring, for that U.S. city.

To me, it's not worth my time having any pride over any of the 24 U.S. NHL cities. Because, with all the money in the world to make the Canadian clubs their slaves, and to buy all the good players, there is no reason for a U.S. NHL city to be proud of their team.

I see me propping those cities up as being beneath me, and not worth my time or respect giving a shit about any fans in those social shitholes. Period.

>=(