Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #502
DaveBrawl
Inconceivable

DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by road doggy dogg View Post
Question about Rice. How does "retiring" affect things like free agent status, contract commitment etc? I know it's come up tons of times before (Favre being a recent example) but I forget how it all played out. If a player "retires" then say, in Rice's case, his body cooperates and 2 years later tries to break back into the league, are they just a UFA at that point? Would Seattle get any compensation? What's to stop players from retiring willy-nilly to get out of contracts? (legitimate question, I do not actually know how any of it works)
When Carson Palmer "retired" rather than keep playing for Cincy they kept the rights to him and were able to trade him when they got a deal worked out.