View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 02:52 PM   #24
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I just had a look and Kermode's worst film is the Exorcist 2: The Heretic.
No surprise there then.

I watched The Piano recently and fucking hated it. It made me want to strangle Holly Hunter and she doesn't say one word in the entire thing.
God it was bad. Anyway I looked it up and it holds great critical acclaim yet in amongst the reviews I found this treasured gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Bradshaw, Guardian film critic
The most insidiously awful type of film, however, is Arthouse Lite. A key example is The Piano by Jane Campion. It is middlebrow, pseudo-literary cinema, which is shallow and prissy and genteel. Those self-regarding pretty-pretty compositions of Holly Hunter on the beach, drove me up the wall. She's mute: which manages to be such a smug passive-aggressive idea. That's my thing about bad films. Honest dreck is fine. It's straight-to-video rubbish and I don't get upset about it, but I can get upset about middleweight nonsense.
That's exactly the sort of film that needs to be burned out and removed from sight so that nobody can copy it.

Terrence Malick makes films as bad as this.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote