View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #104
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I don't blame Bret at all. If he lost at Survivor Series and then snuck over to WCW, he would be heading over as a loser and a coward. Kayfabe wasn't what it was, but it's still an industry that runs largely based off perception. The four-way drop at the next PPV would make sense, but I can imagine why Vince would feel a bit nervous about it.

Working some sort of screwjob angle actually makes perfect sense. I don't believe it was a work, except for on Vince's part setting himself up as a babyface in his own mind or whatever, but it actually does make sense. And this might get "lame" from a lot of people, but doing a phantom title change at a house show makes sense to me too. Bret wins at Montreal and then Shawn magically wins it a house show. Maybe even Bret does a proper job dark? You could go from Undertaker to Shawn, but that would be flipping it around a bit.
Hall and Nash were beat like a drum before jumping to WCW and still became the hottest act in the business at the time. It's because they are ultra talented. Had nothing to do with wins and losses in WWE.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote