View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #39908
Shadrick
The black Corey Graves

Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
It's been my experience that people will reveal themselves as assholes before their politics do. You'd probably found someone who supports such a thing will have revealed themselves as someone you don't like before you find that out about them.
My experience has actually been the opposite on several occasions. One example of many, I had a particular friend of mine that was white and we had been friends for many years. Just a kind person. Honorable. Trustworthy. Then Obama ran in 08, and he began small by saying he didn't like certain policies. Then he didn't like certain things about his plans. A lot of his "arguments" seemed really forced like he was looking for a reason.

And then it was very offputting when he eventually admitted he didn't "want a black guy" in office because it made him uncomfortable because "you know what black people do" as well as "something might end up missing from the white house when he leaves." And he didn't use the term "black guy" either. It took a black guy possibly holding the biggest office in the land for him to show his true colors. Everything was all good when black people were staying in their place. It was hurtful. As many times as I've told him I'd been unjustly pulled over and harassed, as many times as I've told him I've been called the n-word, as many times as I told him how painful it was dealing with racial bias and prejudice, to hear him flippantly say those things fucked me up really bad. Yeah, I lost a friend over that.

So. Yeah. True colors come out in different ways. But if your experiences have been different, that's cool.
Shadrick is offline   Reply With Quote