View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #39904
Shadrick
The black Corey Graves

Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
This is a self righteous approach to life I can't abide by. Who's to say you have all the answers? I know I don't. Some people genuinely believe Trump is out to make America great again (they're wrong), but wtf is the point in judging them for it? It just contributes further in dividing us. Sure, if they're enforcing their politics on you, debate them... but there's no use in disliking people over politics.
There's a difference between "judging" someone, "disliking" their stance, and "disliking" them as a person.

You may wholeheartedly disagree, but there are times where someone's political views and stances say a lot about who they are as a person. If someone, for example, believes and supports traffic ticket quotas, even if the traffic stops are unjust, and higher fines in lower income black neighborhoods, that's their right. Do I judge them? No. Do I dislike that stance? Yes. Would the precipice of that stance make me dislike them as a person? Yes. Because the concept of that stance is absolutely fucked up. And if you believe in that stance, that very much affects me, or other people who share my skin color, yes, I'm going to dislike you because of that.
Shadrick is offline   Reply With Quote